Sunday, February 28, 2010

Adventure #3

Josh, Aaron and mom (aka..Gannie..weird) joined me for my #3 adventure. I said originally that I was going to do hikes, but my smart friends suggested I do adventures so I could count all the fun stuff that we do. So..Adventure #3 was a hike to Abram's Falls. 2.5 miles up and back. Easy hike, but I learned an important important lesson for all future adventures. Stop and pee every chance you get before you hit the trails. Maybe I should have read the warning sign rather than just posing behind it. No bathrooms Heather! Not easy peeing in the woods when there aren't any leaves so I just held it! That certainly will not do on longer hikes. :o) So anyway, we had a great hike. I think we did a great job. I'm just a little slower and more careful than usual, but it's working out well. We've done Abram's Falls before, but I don't remember the last time we did it so it turned out to be a really fun day.

Following the hike, we met up with Aaron's family for dinner at the Smoky Mountain Brewery. Good stuff! I think mom had a great time talking Ireland with Aaron's dad, and I had fun catching up with his momma. Love it when everyone just works so well together.

To finish off a great weekend, me and Josh attempted to go fishing today. It was ridiculously cold so our attempt only lasted an hour and a half and we didn't end up with any fish. But we usually don't end up with any fish so the only difference was the cold. hehe..It was nice to get out of the house and try out my shiny pink fishing rod his mom got me for Valentines day.

So add another adventure weekend to the books. Nothing much coming up this week, but I have a baby appointment on Thursday and the Boro crew is coming up Friday night for the hunt on Saturday. Woohoo!

No comments: