Monday, August 16, 2010

ADVENTURE 20 - Molly Arrives!

Sunday night I started feeling a little strange. Crampy and not too comfortable, but I figured I was just what 39 weeks pregnant - you can't expect to be too comfortable. Then - the crampy feeling continued through the night and got worse and more regular in the morning. I didn't want to risk driving up to work, but it didn't hurt bad enough to be real labor so I stuck around the house. Josh went off to work and as soon as the doctor's office opened I drove over to see where I was at. Ended up being 2 cm dilated but having pretty strong contractions. They said I could stay at the hospital or go on home. Since I'm not a huge fan of hospitals, I headed home and waited out the day until Josh got home. The contractions got continually worse but I didn't want to go to the hospital too early b/c I knew I'd just have to sit around. Josh got home and we waited a while longer then went to the hospital around 7ish where they admitted me. A few more hours of contractions and about 35 minutes of pushing later Molly arrived! She was 7 lbs 14 oz and about 19 inches long. She had tons of hair and was just too cute.

Mom, Tonia, John and Dennie were all waiting for her in the waiting room and about an hour after she was born they were able to see their new little grandbaby. Dad had just driven back from Kansas and had been at his house about an hour before Josh called and told him to head our way to Maryville. He was tired, but he made it to see Molly the night she was born. Lucky dad was the first visitor to hold her b/c she was too fresh out the oven for anyone else to mess with her when she first came out.

We spent the rest of Tuesday in the hospital, and I think they let us come home Wednesday, but now I can't remember which day it was. She was born at mid-night thirty on the 3rd so our days/nights were all screwed up. Perfect little anniversary present if I do say so myself. :o)

No comments: